Intelligently Speed Up File Access with I-FAAST® File Optimization Technology
I-FAAST (Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology), a proprietary innovative technology developed and patented by Condusiv Technologies, is the leading solution that uses real data about each individual disk's performance to make intelligent decisions to speed up file access.
Modern HDD drives have significant performance variances across their physical media. Third party tools can be used to benchmark the 2x and greater improvement that can be leveraged for read and write throughput, given that the most optimal disk areas are utilized for the most frequently accessed data.
New developments in the I-FAAST technology has added the ability to intelligently and automatically assign the files being used to the right “media” (SSD or HDD) This is based on usage, how frequently and how recently the files have been used, and on the availability of the media itself.
- Runs specially-engineered benchmarks on the disk volumes to learn their performance characteristics.
- Transparently monitors volumes on an ongoing automatic basis (without interfering in current system resources being utilized) to maintain performance benefits.
- Integrates with InvisiTasking® technology for completely transparent operation.
- Intelligently places commonly used files on the disk to maximize speed of access.
- Allows users to specify specific files, in addition to those determined by I-FAAST analysis that should be sequenced and optimized for even greater access speed.
- I-FAAST intelligently and invisibly improves file access performance by an average of 10 percent to 20 percent and in some cases by as much as 80 percent.
- I-FAAST technology intelligently and automatically assigns the files being used to the right “media” (SSD or HDD) This is based on usage, how frequently and how recently the files has been used, and on the availability of the media itself.
The I-FAAST technology is used in ExpressCache to optimally place system components, applications and user data on appropriate media thereby increasing performance in mixed media environments of SSDs and HDDs to levels similar to SSD only system at a fraction of the cost.
For further information regarding I-FAAST contact us at: OEM@condusiv.com.