SQL Server Database Performance
How do I get the most performance from my SQL Server?
SQL Server applications are typically the most I/O intensive applications for any enterprise. Anything
a database administrator can do to reduce the amount of I/O necessary to complete
a task will increase the server’s performance of the application.
Some of the most common things DBAs often resort to are:
- Tuning queries to minimize the amount of data returned.
- Adding extra spindles or flash for performance
- Increased RAM
- Frequent DBCC REINDEXing of data to remove logical database deleted or inactive
But none of these actions will prevent hardware bottlenecks that occur due to the
surplus of excessively small writes and reads that chew up performance.
Condusiv solutions address root cause performance issues at the point of origin where I/O is created by ensuring large, clean contiguous writes from Windows to eliminate the “death by a thousand cuts” scenario of many small writes and reads that chew up performance. Condusiv solutions electrify performance of file servers even further with the addition of DRAM caching – using idle DRAM to serve hot reads without creating an issue of memory contention or resource starvation. Condusiv’s “Set It and Forget It” software optimizes both writes and reads and guarantees to solve your toughest application performance challenges or your money back for 90 days – no questions asked.
Here are published customer examples and quotes:
- ASL Marketing’s SQL batch job dropped from 27 hours to 12 hours
- Supreme Lending saw page load times on their in-house lending software drop from 5 seconds to 1 second
- Bell Mobility saw 3X faster SQL queries
- Stockport College cut student enrollment processing times from 15 minutes to 5 minutes
- “Our ERP with a SQL database saw an immediate 50% boost!" - Hamid Bouhassoune, Systems Engineer, Global Skincare Company
- “We were amazed by the performance boost of our most I/O intensive applications!” - Victor Grandmaiter, IT Director, Fort Bend Central Appraisal District
- Myron Corporation cut processing times of artwork on their file servers from 5 minutes to 1 minute
- Christus Health doubled their electronic health record performance and avoided a $2 million storage upgrade
- “Condusiv served over 50% of my reads from DRAM and eliminated over 30% of write traffic. Now everything is more responsive!” - David Bruce, Managing Partner, David Bruce & Associates
- “Our throughput doubled, so we could backup in half the time!” - Curtis Jackson, Network Admin, School City of Hammond
Condusiv solutions for virtual servers »
Condusiv solutions for physical servers »